I’ve had the Mac Plus “on blocks” for a few months, but really want to get back to it when another couple projects are complete. I have a few to-do items:
- Rebuild the monitor mount. I already have acrylic cut for this!
- Add front-panel USB which requires some cleverness.
- Rebuild the OS to run Mojave. I think my video card is thankfully supported, so it should be possible. I’m thinking my best bet is buy a spare SSD and try to set it up for macOS Mojave, with the main SSD disconnected.
- Tighten the screws! Right now if you look at it wrong the front bezel can fall off.
- Interior Cleanup, including better locking for the power supply and motherboard.
In general I’m glad I tried this project: It was a fun way to be creative and I got to learn a lot a bit about soldering, laser cutting, and more.
I’m also looking through my leftovers and considering building a dedicated Steam OS machine for the living room.